About the FSRBC
On behalf of your School District, the FSRBC provides Medicare-eligible retirees with access to high-quality Medicare and Non-Medical Benefits, tailored especially for retirees age 65 or older. FBMC Benefits Management, Inc. (FBMC) is the administrator for your benefits, and will be your primary point of contact for your benefit needs.
The FSRBC is pleased to offer competitively priced, high-value Medicare Plans and additional Non-Medical Benefits to retirees from participating School Districts throughout Florida. Through the FSRBC, your options include:
- Medicare Advantage*
- Medicare Supplement
- Medicare Part D Pharmacy
- Hearing Aid Benefit
- IT Technology Support
- ID Theft Protection
- Pet Rx
- Pet Insurance
*Refer to County of Residence to see which Medicare Advantage plans you are eligible for.
The Independent Benefits Council
The Independent Benefits Council (IBC) formed in 2001 to assist School Districts with Benefit and Retirement Related Initiatives. Member Organizations and Board Members include:
- Florida School Boards Association
- Florida Association of District School Superintendents
- Florida Association of School Administrators
- Florida Education Association
Decisions on initiatives are reached through consensus of organizations for Retirees. The IBC created statewide Florida Retired School Employee Benefits Program Consortium (Consortium) Eligible for Medicare.
Retiree Initiative Consortium Overview
Established Under Fl. Statute 163.01 as The Florida Retired School Employee Benefits Program (Retiree Program), the Consortium responsibilities include:
- Consortium Procures Health Plan Benefits Through a Host District, Polk Schools
- Select, Implement and Manage the Retiree Program
- Execute Contracts with Third Parties as Needed to Provide Benefits and Administer the Retiree Program
- Execute Participation and Interlocal Agreements With School Districts
The FSRBC Consortium
Florida School Retiree Benefits Consortium was established on June 15, 2012, to provide district-sponsored benefits for Retirees and Dependents eligible for Medicare.The initial RFP for Health Plans was released on March 21, 2014. As of October 2017 – 9,767 retirees were participating in the FSRBC.
> FSRBC Bylaws
> FSRBC Interlocal Agreement
> FSRBC School District Participation Agreement
FSRBC MEMBERS INCLUDE: